NEH Participant Eligibility Criteria
- Participant Eligibility Criteria Landmarks programs are designed for a national audience of full- or part-time K-12 educators who teach in public, charter, independent, and religiously affiliated schools, or as home schooling educators. Museum educators and other K-12 school system personnel— such as, but not limited to, administrators, substitute teachers, and curriculum supervisors—are also eligible to participate.
- At least three spaces per workshop session or six spaces total for the entire program must be reserved for teachers who are new to the profession (five or fewer years teaching experience).
- Participants must be United States citizens, residents of U.S. jurisdictions, or foreign nationals who have been residing in the United States or its territories for at least the three years immediately preceding the application deadline. U.S. citizens teaching abroad at U.S. chartered institutions are also eligible to participate. Foreign nationals teaching abroad are not eligible to participate.
- Individuals may not apply to participate in a Landmarks workshop whose director is a family member, who is affiliated with the same institution, who has served as an instructor or academic advisor to the applicant, or who has led a previous NEH-funded Institute or Landmarks program attended by the applicant.
- Participants may not be delinquent in the repayment of federal debt (e.g. taxes, student loans, child support payments, and delinquent payroll taxes for household or other employees). Individuals may not apply to participate in a Landmarks workshop if they have been debarred or suspended by any federal department or agency.
- In any given year an individual may apply to a maximum of two projects but may attend only one.
Application Deadline: March 3, 2023
Acceptance/Regrets: April 3, 2023
Accept/Decline Offer: April 14, 2023
Waitlist Accept/Regrets: April 15, 2023
Session I: July 9-14, 2023
Session II: July 23- July 28, 2022
Thomasville History Center
725 N Dawson St,
Thomasville, GA 31792