How to Apply
To be considered for our The Quest for Freedom workshop you must submit the following material by COB (Close of Business) March 3, 2023:
- Completed application form
- A resume or c.v. and if you have attended any, please include a list of all previous NEH sponsored teaching programs you have attended.
- A 500-1000 word essay that discusses what you hope to learn from our workshop and what you can contribute. We encourage you to discuss your strategies for teaching African American history and Civil War and African Americans, Reconstruction, the 20th Century, and the civil rights movement in the classroom.
You will receive acknowledgment of your application within 72 hours via e-mail.
- All applicants will be notified of their acceptance on April 3. If you apply and do not receive notification by April 3, please contact us.
- If you are offered a spot in the workshop, you must confirm your participation by COB April 14, 2023.
- We will inform applicants on the Wait List, of their status by April 17, 2023.
Statement of Civility:
Before applying all attendees are required to read and agree to the Principles of Civility for NEH Professional and Development Programs that are posted on this website. All participants will be expected to adhere to these guidelines.
Application Deadline: 11:59 PT, March 3, 2023
Acceptance/Regrets: April 3, 2023
Accept/Decline Offer: April 14, 2023
Waitlist Accept/Regrets: April 15, 2023
Session I: July 9-14, 2023
Session II: July 23- July 28, 2023
Thomasville History Center
725 N Dawson St,
Thomasville, GA 31792